Modern Flag of Bosnia & Herzegovina
Bosnia is a country forged from fire in the Northwestern Balkans. Their flag represents the 3 ethnic groups
that form a majority within the nation. Those three consist of Serbs (Republika Srpska), Bosnaks (Bosnia),
and Croats (Herzegovina). This flag came into use as a result of a UN-held contest for a new flag of Bosnia & Herzegovina.
Design: wide medium blue vertical band on the fly side with a yellow right triangle abutting the band and the top; what remains
is medium blue with seven full five-pointed white stars and two half stars top and bottom along the hypotenuse.
- This Law regulates the shape and design of the flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as its display at the level of the State of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- The flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina represents Bosnia and Herzegovina and is displayed as the symbol of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- The flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina is of a blue colour. Right of centre there is a triangle of yellow colour. Running parallel to the left side of this triangle is a row of white five pointed stars in a line from the top edge of the flag to the bottom edge. The flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina is of a rectangular shape. The relationship between the length and width is 1:2.
- The measurements and technical specifications regarding the design, graphic presentation and dimensions of the flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina in the Annex form an integral part of this Law.
- The flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina shall be officially displayed at the level of the State of Bosnia and Herzegovina in the following ways:
- On all buildings of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Council of Ministers and its three Ministries, the Parliamentary Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Constitutional Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Standing Committee of Military Matters, the Commission of Human Rights, the Central Bank and the Permanent Election Commission following its formation and on any other building of the common institutions or institution which is administered by or reporting to common institutions.
- On all buildings of Embassies and Consulates of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- On official occasions of the departure of the members of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina abroad and on their return from abroad.
- On official means of transport used by members of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- On all occasions of official international visits, competitions and other gatherings (political, scientific, cultural - artistic, sports and others) at which Bosnia and Herzegovina is participating or is represented.
- At the border crossings of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- In all cases referred to in the previous paragraph, no other flag from Bosnia and Herzegovina shall be displayed together with the flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Official display of the flag in the Entities and unofficial use of the flag will be regulated by a separate law.
- Disrespect for the flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina is a punishable offense. Necessary legislation shall be adopted by the Entities within two months from the entry into force of this Law.
- This Law shall be published in the "Official Gazette of Bosnia and Herzegovina" and in the official gazettes of the Entities.